Web www.sliverssnippets.blogspot.com
Slivers and Snippets: JUST TAKE MY DAMN MONEY, CHASE BANK!!!*

Friday, March 31, 2006

JUST TAKE MY DAMN MONEY, CHASE BANK!!!*


"I want to deposit this in my husband's checking account. I don't know his account number but we also have a joint account here, you can probably find it through that, right?"

"You have an account?"

"Yes. We have a joint checking. But I want this to go just in HIS account."

"What's your social security number?"

"{insert SSN here}"

"Okay, here's the account you are linked to. How much do you want to put in?"

"$$$ - but I want to put it in HIS solo account."

"What's his account number?"

{sigh}

"I don't know. But isn't it listed with our joint account?"

"Yes. But I can't give out that information."

"I don't want information. I want to put money in it."

"But I can't give out any information about his account."

"You can't just PUT MONEY IN IT?"

"No, I can't give out other people's account information."


That is the point when my head exploded.

I was just trying to give the man some money. GIVE IT TO HIM. Why is this a problem? I don't understand why someone can't go into a bank and put money into anyone's account that they want. I don't need any information! The dude farts in the same bed as me, trust me, I have enough freaking information.


*I tried really hard not to use multiple exclamation points in this post, but I just can't help myself.

6 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Jerry said...

I get it but, I don't get it.

I actually want to take the bank's side here. I don't have a separate checking account from my wife but if I did I would appreciate the bank not giving out any information about it. In this case I'm sure the information they would be forced to give out if they took your money would be a reciept with an account number and a balance.

So that's the part I get. What I don't get is why you don't know your husband's account number!

My wife does not have a separate account from me but if she did I would damn sure know the account number and every other bit of information about it. Chase would be coming to ME to get infor-friggin-mation!

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Banks annoy the snot out of me. Nothing can be simple and easy. It has to be a big frickin' deal. EVERY time. Sorry. =(

chels

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger JR said...

Dad - T'ain't my business, dude. His money, his account!

Chels - For reals.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger JR said...

Actually, now that I think about it, how sure are you that she doesn't have a seperate account? 'Cause I thought she did.

And a receipt? I don't need no stinking receipt.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

I know you don't need no stinkin' receipt but this a bank you are dealin' with here dude. They are anal by definition. Do you want that poor girl to get fired for not following the rules?

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin always deposits money for me without a problem. I think you need to give the teller some of your Pamprin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home