Web www.sliverssnippets.blogspot.com
Slivers and Snippets: Chocolate Cake With Raspberry Sauce. And A Little Wild Game Demi-Glace.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Chocolate Cake With Raspberry Sauce. And A Little Wild Game Demi-Glace.


"I'd like to buy a bottle of this {cheap} champagne for that table over there."

"Great. I'll take it over to them."

"Make sure it's cold. And put it in a bucket with ice."

Really? REALLY?!?! Champagne in a champagne bucket WITH ICE? Now that is just crazy talk. I would never have thought to do such a thing on my own, thank god I have guests like you to teach me the ways of my job.

"Will you box up my leftover chocolate cake?"

"Yes sir. I'll take it to the back and do that."

"Wait! Don't put it in the same box as my sausage and venison! Put it in a separate, smaller box."

Really? REALLY!?!?! REALLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY!?!?!? My god. You mean to tell me that people don't want their chocolate cake in the same box with their meat? You mean to say that when I put dessert in a box with entrees, and then shake it up real good so that the demi-glace gets all over everything, and make sure the dessert is shoved down good and firm in the jalapeno mashed potatoes, that people don't like that? Man. I must suck at my job. What would I do without you?

No, please, no need for a tip. I've just enjoyed learning so much from you.

8 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jerry said...

I'll bet they saw you eating hotdogs on a harmonica holder at costco and that's why they figured they better explain it to you.

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the funniest story I have read or heard in ages. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. I can just imagine you go to the back and mummbling something to the effect of those darn customers...
Love Mommy

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger JR said...

It's sweet that you think I'd say "darn." ;-)

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! Did you give him an application?

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger JR said...

Dude, you think it's funny to read it, you should have been there the other night when Anthony and I were telling the story to Brittany. Picture us, in the middle of the Fox & Hound, surrounded by gypsies (seriously, with the gypsies, it's just weird) and me, Fletch, Jaysen, Tyrone, Anthony and Brit all miming shaking a to-go box and yelling things like "Oh yeah, demi-glace, you get all up on that chocolate cake!"
Dude, we didn't even have shots. That'll teach you to go out of town.

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS MISS THE FUN NIGHTS!

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...I don't mean to suck...but you spelled "raspberry" incorrectly... =) I love you and congrats on your puppy!

chels

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger JR said...

You know what really sucks? Out of all the people that read this, you are the first one to notice that. I guess a college degree really does come in handy. From now on, you are my official spell-checker, as well as my official puppy-buddy.

I am fixing the spelling now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home