Web www.sliverssnippets.blogspot.com
Slivers and Snippets: I'm tired of trying to think of titles.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm tired of trying to think of titles.

Last week my friend Tyrone got hit on by a guy in a bar. Only problem is, Ty's straight and his hottie girlfriend was sitting next to him. But the guy hitting on him had such a great first line, we have been tormenting Ty with it ever since:

"Dude, I love your 'hawk."

Now how could you not want to go home with that guy?

----------------------------------------------------------

In honor of the 4th, I decided to have blue hair for the day. And in honor of Ty's (apparently) lovable 'hawk, I decided to have a blue mohawk.

After an exhaustive search* for wash-out blue hair dye (with the awesomeness that is Laura), I finally found this stuff that is actually hair gel, but blue colored. It didn't have quite the blue-ness effect that I had hoped for, but it did wash right out. Which means I got to talk Mark into letting me use it on his hair, too.

So here we are. Blue hair and mohawks and your mom, oh my!



*I may be exaggerating slightly. We went to three stores, and two of them were across from each other in the mall. But, as has been recently pointed out to me, I am a lazy American (I blame Bush) so that was a lot of walking for me.

5 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Partner and I have difficulties locating the real blue hair dye, that WON'T wash out.

There is apparently some sort of political statement about it in the Bay Area which I have no information on, as it is NOWHERE...or in the three stores I've looked.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dudette, love the blue hawk!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger JR said...

Whinger - Seems like the Bay Area would be against red hair, not blue! (If you're serious, try Hot Topic in the mall - they had a gazillon brands off non-wash-out dye.)

Jack - I know. I rock.

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cracks me up that there are now hair color and razor ads on your blog now. My GOD!!! It's like they're listening to our conversation!

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for calling me a hottie!
We saw the guy last night at McCools and I was soooo excited and hopeful that he would hit on Ty again. No luck, I think he was too sober but I did get a "I hate that bitch with that cute guy" look, I think it is my first ever! Yea me! yeah, like I'm the reason that it is not going to work out with the hot construction guy, it would not have anything to do with the fact that HE IS NOT GAY?!?!?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home