Web www.sliverssnippets.blogspot.com
Slivers and Snippets: At least I have this blog to take it out on. I used to yell at the fish.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

At least I have this blog to take it out on. I used to yell at the fish.

Why does Blogger sometimes post things twice? Just because it wants to make me look stupid?

Also, I finally painted the laundry room. We had bought this sand texture stuff, you mix it into the paint and Insta-Texture! So easy! Anyone can do it!

Yeah.

Except it's crap. It's too thick to put on the walls well, and it leaves some areas with lots of sand texture, and some with barely any. So the walls look like shit.

But I give up. I'm not painting that freaking room again. It's just the g-d laundry room. Let's face it, I try to spend as little time in there as possible. So tomorrow I am putting up the baseboards and the fancy new cabinet and FUCK IT I'M DONE.

You may think I have anger issues right now. You would be correct.

I stubbed my toes twice today and I'm tired and hungry and I hate my laundry room. And earlier today I watched the series finale of Felicity that I had tivo'd, and that episode always pisses me off no matter how many times I see it. I think I keep watching hoping it will be different.

My point is, my laundry room is ugly, Felicity should have been with Noel, and I am pissy. Leave me alone.


On second thought, don't leave me alone. Get me a beer.

Please.

8 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor bobo needs a beer-beer!

It's on it's way now. Check your email.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger JR said...

Thanks for the virtual beer! I love me some Shiner.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly even virtual good beer tastes like crappy light beer. Would you settle for a proposed 'hey let's go drink sometime because we always talk about it but never do it?'

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger JR said...

Hey, Steve-O, you're back!

How 'bout the Saucer on Monday?

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger -R- said...

Sadly, I don't think I have ever seen the final episode of Felicity. But I agree that she should have chosen Noel. Even though Ben is HOT.

(Found you from Jonniker's site)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger JR said...

Welcome, R! You're right, Ben is the hotter of the two. But Noel was just so... NOEL. {sigh}

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Jerry said...

Your father didn't raise you right! Didn't I teach you that you should never yell at fish? I thought for sure I told you that story. Well, it's never too late....

Once upon a time in a land far, far away, there was a little boy and his name was Jerbo. Jerbo was two hundred million year old and his mommy was 6.

Jerbo was a fun loving little boy and one day he woke up and he was a teenager and it was the 1970's (some people called them the psychedelic seventies but he couldn't remember why).

Every night during the psychedelic sevenities Jerbo would yell at his fish right before he went to bed and every night just as he dozed off his fish would wake him up by yelling back at him at the top of their lungs.

Jerbo would lay there and try to ignore his yelling fish but the noise would just get louder and lounder! Jerbo would turn over and cover his head with his pillow and the noise would just continue to get louder.

Finally Jerbo would roll over and stand up! Jerbo would stand there for a minute trying to gather his thoughts and suddenly Jerbo would realize that he was standing naked in wood shop!

Jerbo was so embarrased! Everyone else in wood shop was pointing and laughing at him. Everyone except his shop teacher, Mr. Nimrod*.

Mr Nimrod was not always aware of his surroundings.

Then Jerbo would realize that he was a fish in a fish bowl and he was yelling at some guy trying to sleep.

The End.

So I too am glad you have this blog because yelling at fish leads to harder things.

Love,
Dad

*his actual name by the way I couldn't make that up

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew fish yelling was gateway behavior?

Mr. Nimrod, that's who! This guy has found shop class enlightenment.

p.s. I'm sorry the acid trip flashbacks are still bothering you Jerry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home