Web www.sliverssnippets.blogspot.com
Slivers and Snippets: The End of the Inspection Ticket Story; or, Why I Am Currently Crying

Monday, April 10, 2006

The End of the Inspection Ticket Story; or, Why I Am Currently Crying


As most of you know, my brake light did magically start working again, so I did manage to get my (Mark's) car to pass the inspection finally.

Today I went to pay my ticket. I took my proof of inspection completion,* and walked tall with the knowledge that they would SURELY dismiss the ticket. I possibly shouldn't have worn my "your mom" shirt.**

Well, it turns out, Benbrook sucks my big ass. So fuck them, I'm glad I wore my "your mom" shirt.

First of all, I stubbed three of my toes on the Municipal Center's giant wooden doors. They look like something out of a 1970's horror movie, and as if that weren't frightening enough, they took hold of my toes and tore a nail and caused severe limping for several minutes.*** When I told the horrible, mean man at the counter that I hurt my poor toes on his ugly, stupid door, he showed NO sympathy. I think I should have gotten a discount, especially since...

IT COST $103.

Freaking Benbrook.

*I totally just made up this term. But it seems right.

**Thanks be to Tiffany, for the best present ever, and for no other reason than she knows every conversation with me contains at least 5 instances of "YOUR MOM". Yes, I am a 12 year old boy. But shut up, it's funny. YOUR MOM is a 12 year old boy! Ha! Burn!

***Mark will tell you that I stub my toes everyday. This is sadly true. I seem to have very little control over my toes. In fact, my toes have been known to stub MARK'S toes. It's a fact - I can cause toe injury not only to myself, but those around me as well. Beware.

5 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So my girl.....I used to do that all the time...LOL Maybe you should wear closed in shoes more...LOL

Mom

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should consider the toe injury and the $103 your consequences for living in Benbrook and shopping at the "Quickway".

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger JR said...

Dude, I did not CHOOSE to live in Benbrook. But shopping at the Quikway, now that's just entertaining.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger hamster_grrl said...

A 'Your Mom' shirt? That's fantastic!!! My peeps out on the East coast just don't get the 'your mom' business. Which is sad, since I often want to say it but then have to keep it in then I think about how if JayAre were here she'd laugh.

Anyways, I just found your blog (I'm a slackass about clicking names to see if they have blogs), and I love it!! Keep the stories coming chica!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger JR said...

You know, the shirt was from Fossil, so I just went online to get a link to show you and I don't think they have it anymore.

But rest assured, it's a freaking awesome shirt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home