Web www.sliverssnippets.blogspot.com
Slivers and Snippets: Maybe that's just how he rolls

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Maybe that's just how he rolls

I was just driving home from lunch with the Wonderful Chrissy, and I saw an old man driving.

He was driving very slowly.

He was weaving from side-to-side.

He had his windows rolled down, and it is very literally 103 degrees today. And it was a new car, so the chances of the AC not working are slim.

And when I pulled next to him, I saw that not only was he too short to see over the steering wheel, he also was wearing a bright red trucker hat, ala Ashton Kutcher, pulled down over his eyes.

And then I looked at his hands.

His hands people, his hands.

He was wearing gardening gloves. One hot pink, the other yellow with flowers.

I really need to start carrying my camera around with me.

How drunk can you possibly be at 2 pm on a Thursday? Drunk enough to say, "Hey, it's a nice day, I'm gonna go for a drive. But I better wear my wife's gardening gloves so I don't get too chilly out there."

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess that means I shouldn't wear my pink polka-dotted, sequined tutu on the side of the highway anymore, huh? Don't judge. All girls like some king of attention...I like the crazy kind.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger JR said...

When are you NOT wearing that tutu?

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually just wear it under my work uniform, really. I have to feel feminine in that penguin suit some how!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home