Web www.sliverssnippets.blogspot.com
Slivers and Snippets: The Dog Ate My Computer

Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Dog Ate My Computer

Sammie has taken to chewing through electrical cords. I think she likes the shock it gives her. She's an electricity junkie. As I mentioned before, she chewed through the cord for the window AC unit in our bedroom, then she chewed through a cord for one of our lamps, and then two days ago she chewed through the cord for my laptop.

So I have all this stuff to post about, but not much time before my battery dies. I can still use the cord to recharge Ella*, but it sparks a little bit so I can only do it if I am watching.

So I'll tell you one quick story then I'm out of here.

The other day I was looking at baby names on the internet (NOT PREGNANT JUST LOOKING AT NAMES). I really like old names, especially for girls.

I was also making poor Mark talk about names with me.

"What do you think of the name Georgianna?"

"For a dog or a cat?"

"For a human person!"

"Um, I don't think so."

"Why not? I like it. I had a Cabbage Patch doll named Georgianna. She was so cute, her tongue stuck out the side of her mouth like this AHHHHH."

"Was she retarded? 'Cause that looks retarded."

"No, she was an ASTRONAUT, thankyouverymuch. She had a helmet and everything."

"A helmet?"

"Yes."

"Hm.... Are you sure she didn't have the helmet on for her own safety and her parents just told her she was an Astronaut?"

"MY CABBAGE PATCH DOLL WAS NOT RETARDED! She was an Astronaut! ASTRONAUT!!!"




*My laptop.

5 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Jerry said...

Jayare, you never had a cabbage patch doll, that was your little brother, we just told it was a doll.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RABBITS IN SPACE!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that made me laaaaugh.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger JR said...

Dad - You crazy, fool. Although Brother does stick his tongue out a little too much. But he never had pigtails!

Steve - Dude. Space rabbits scare me.

Jack - Rabbits On A Shuttle!

Beth - Thanks... Good to see you!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...lay off the cabbage joke. It saved my ass a number of times. I'm going to do a movie like "The Aristocrats" except I'm gonna call it "Cabbage in the ear"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home