Web www.sliverssnippets.blogspot.com
Slivers and Snippets: So Smart She's Dumb, or So Dumb She's Smart?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So Smart She's Dumb, or So Dumb She's Smart?

Proof of Dumbness:

1) Freaking terrified of the umbrella. Fun times when she has to pee during a storm.
2) Thinks the broom is something to attack and kill. Perhaps this is due to a lack of exposure to cleaning materials.
3) Not only chases her own tail, but once she has caught it she quite literally tries to pull it off her body. Seriously, I worry for her poor butt.
4) Finds no problem with chewing on her own feet and legs. Apparently feels no pain.
5) Cannot figure out why the fat cats won't play with her. Seems to think that hissing means "Yes! I want to play! Bounce up and down and bark at me more!"

Proof of Smartness:

1) Un-hooked herself from leash. Only the one time, but still.
2) Mostly lets Mommy sleep in. This is VERY smart of her. It's for everyone's safety. People I work with should send her thank you notes.
3) Learned incredibly quickly that the faster she pees at 5 am, the faster we can all go back to our warm beds. Sometimes we just barely make it off the porch.
4) Learned not to bark at the horrible dogs next door. Knows that I hate them, and therefore she ignores them with me. She would have made a great friend in high school.
5) Has figured out how to play-up her cuteness to an infinite degree anytime we are in PetSmart. Decided, rightly so, that grinning and sitting with her tongue hanging out would make people pet her.
6) Somehow managed to knock the babygate down without me hearing it, made it into the cat room, and devoured their leftover-from-breakfast diet food. All while they laid on the bed and stared at her with evil laser eyes.
7) Just sat up and told me that "dumbness" and "smartness" are stupid words, and possibly not even really words. It was hard to understand her, she mumbles.*



*Okay, so that last one didn't really happen. Obviously, she's only 11 weeks old, we're still working on "Speak."

**Yes, that is our Christmas tree behind her. Shut up, it's gone as of this morning.

7 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate the more frequent posting. BTW, have you seen my digital camera? I need to take pictures of Winston and can't find it ANYWHERE.

caz

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woof!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger JR said...

Chels - Haven't seen it, sorry. You want I should take some pictures of him tomorrow when we take him to class?

Sammie - I knew you were up to something in your crate this morning!

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woof! Woof!*

* Little do you know that I've installed entire wifi system that works through my collar and uses the metal in the crate as an antenna.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger JR said...

Can you teach me how to do that? I get a bad connection in the bedroom. ;-)

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. The dog smile is KILLING me.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger JR said...

Isn't that grin great? I take such pride in her cute-ness, as if I birthed her. But, I am a crazy person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home